Barcelona to make improved bid of £110m for Ousmane Dembele?

Annette Crawford
August 13, 2017

Borussia Dortmund have announced that they have suspended Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele until further notice. Having collected over €200M from the sale of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain, the Catalan's are awash with money and it's even been suggested that the Nerazzurri may even up the ante by raising the price even higher.

Speculation mounted that the France forward was Camp Nou bound after he missed training without permission on Thursday.

As things stand, the 20-year-old is not under consideration for selection as coach Peter Bosz prepares for the Bundesliga opener away to Wolfsburg on Saturday.

However, just hours later Dortmund released a statement clarifying their position - they would not sell Dembele for such a fee and that they had suspended and fined the France worldwide for breaching club rules in not turning up for compulsory training sessions.

Dortmund's sporting director Zorc said: "Our focus now is on a concentrated preparation of the team for the Bundesliga opening match in Wolfsburg this coming weekend".


The player is apparently furious as a verbal agreement he had with Dortmund that the German club would let him move to an elite-level club is not being honoured.

Dembele starred for Dortmund in his first season for them after he completed a 2016 summer switch from Ligue 1 side Rennes, and plundered 10 goals and 21 assists during a fruitful maiden campaign in the north-west of Germany.

Earlier this week, chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said a fee of €100m for the player was "in every case, not enough" and the Bundesliga club's asking price is reported to lie closer to €135m.

"We will sit down and talk this evening", Bosz told Sky ahead of kick-off.

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER