Third suspect arrested over London train attack

Lester Mason
September 20, 2017

The Metropolitan Police arrested a 48-year-old man and a 30-year-old man in Wales this morning following the arrest of a 25-year-old man yesterday, law enforcement said on Wednesday.

An 18-year-old man was arrested Saturday in Dover, where ferries leave for France. Neither has been charged.

Islamic State militants said they were responsible for the attack although both British and US officials have cast doubt on the claim, saying there was no evidence any recognised militant group had ordered or organised the bombing.

"There is still much more to do but this greater clarity and this progress has led JTAC the independent body that assess threat to come to the judgement that an attack is no longer imminent", said Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, the United Kingdom s National Lead for Counter- Terrorism Policing.

Authorities searched a home in the London suburb of Stanwell, also neighboring Heathrow Airport, that was linked to the second suspect, who was not identified.

Five men are now in custody amid the investigation of the terrorist attack perpetrated at London's Parsons Green underground station on September 15.

The Joneses have taken in hundreds of children since the 1970s and had only recently returned to fostering after being moved by the plight of youngsters caught up in the refugee crisis.

They lowered it on Sunday to "severe", and police said the investigation is making rapid progress.

Both suspects, the BBC reported, are thought to have spent time being fostered by Penelope and Ronald Jones in Sunbury-on-Thames, an area south of London.

Members of Yahya's family confirmed to ABC News that the man in the video was Yahya but said they had not yet been contacted by authorities about his arrest. Photos published by the Sun newspaper showed a man being detained outside a fast-food restaurant in Hounslow, which was searched by police.

"I know about two weeks ago he was arrested by police at Parsons Green, for what I don't know and returned back to Penny and Ron".

The relationship between the suspects from the most recent arrests is not known as yet.

Two other men, aged 18 and 21, are still in custody in connection with the attack. 30 people were injured in the explosion, although none of the injuries were life-threatening, as experts said that it appears that the main charge of the bomb failed to detonate.

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article