Decision on Pogba surgery next week, reveals surgeon

Annette Crawford
September 26, 2017

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has insisted he will not "cry" over the absence of Paul Pogba, but instead will place his trust in the remainder of his squad for the indefinite time the Frenchman will be unavailable for selection.

Jose Mourinho admitted this week he has no idea when the France worldwide will be available for the Red Devils.

Pogba limped out of United's opening Champions League game against Basel earlier this month as his long-running hamstring problems reoccurred, with some reports suggesting the damage is bad enough to rule the France worldwide out of action for the rest of 2017.

Following the 4-0 win over Everton on Sunday, the United manager said he does not know whether the France worldwide will be out for "12 weeks or 12 days".

According to a report in ESPN , United will be making a decision before September 30, and decide on the best course of action.


Finnish surgeon Sakari Orava says he has been consulted by United on the injury, and is waiting on a decision from the club some time in the next week as to whether Pogba will go under the knife.

Pogba's injury is not as severe as the one Dembele suffered against Getafe - the 20-year-old's third game for his new club following a €105 million move from Borussia Dortmund in the summer.

The 24-year-old is out of United's trip to Southampton on Saturday and is expected to miss games against CSKA Moscow and Crystal Palace ahead of the global break.

"I see a great improvement in the person", said the Red Devils manager at Friday's pre-match press conference.

"Every injury is a different injury. I can not play with the six".

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER