Video released of Tampa serial murder suspect

Lester Mason
November 16, 2017

Police also say the killer might possibly be using a gun that he has easy access to.

Police urged Seminole Heights residents to stay inside Tuesday as they searched the area, which they sealed off shortly after the shooting.

Police believe the murderer knows the Seminole Heights area well. "We've been in here for the last month".

The reward in the case has been increased to $91,000.

Speaking last month, Mr Buckhorn revealed his determination to catch the "son of a b**ch" killer, telling police to "bring his head to me". When officers arrived, they found the body of Ronald Felton, 60, in the street.

Police Chief Brian Dugan provided new details in a news conference on Wednesday afternoon. We don't need profiles.

Meanwhile, family and neighbours have paid tribute to Mr Felton, revealing he had volunteered at a local food bank since losing his job.

The person in the video taken at 4:51 a.m. Tuesday, "moments before" Felton was killed, appears to have the same gait and manner of dress as the individual in the earlier video, Dugan said.

She said he would go to the church at 2.30am to help.

Mr Felton's cousin, Linda Daniels expressed her shock over the killing. Dugan said he would release footage of value as investigators study the videos.

The killings have vexed investigators, who remain desperate for clues.


"We need to know who this person is", he added. "How could I?" he said.

Seminole Heights is a working-class neighbourhood northeast of Tampa that's slowly becoming gentrified where run-down homes sit next to renovated, historic bungalows. He was armed with a large black pistol and was last seen wearing all black clothing. They were asking residents to examine video from their security cameras.

• Authorities are still sifting through released video.

Dugan noted the gait and manner in which the suspect walked, saying it was similar to a person captured in video October 9, the day 22-year-old Benjamin Mitchell was killed.

The first video shows a man walking about the time of the first fatal shooting on October 9.

The neighborhood has been on edge for weeks, since Mitchell's death, which came two days before the murder of 32-year-old Monica Hoffa.

Anthony Naiboa, an autistic 20-year-old who had just graduated from high school, became the third victim when he accidentally got on the wrong bus and ended up in the neighborhood by mistake, police said. It was unclear if Tuesday's victim was near a bus stop.

Mr Naiboa's father Casimir and his stepmother Maria Rodriguez heard a news flash a few hours later, adding to their fears.

Neighbours have also revealed how they're now living in fear following the latest killing, not knowing who is committing the crime.

"It's kind of scary because they don't have any idea who's doing it".

"We're all panicking", he said.

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER