Health Ministry seeks report on Fortis dengue case

Lester Mason
Ноября 21, 2017

The details of what is reported to be the 20-page bill have been circulated on Twitter, and there have been allegations that the hospital overcharged for things like strips that check blood sugar levels. It said, "One of my batchmate's 7 year old was in @fortis hospital for 15 days for dengue". Billed Rs 18 lakhs including for 2700 gloves.

The message was retweeted 16,000 times in four days, prompting a reply from the health minister. "The government has taken cognisance of the incident and has sought a detailed report from Fortis hospital, action will be taken", Union Health Minister JP Nadda said.

It said all standard medical protocols were followed in treating Adya Singh and all clinical guidelines were adhered to.

Jayant Singh described the stay at Fortis as "hellish from the beginning", according to News18.

Jayant explained that the doctors gave Adya an anti-bacterial drug known as Meropenem which is priced at Rs 500 per viral.

Adya's family also did not question the treatment being given to their daughter. During the weekends, there were doctors to attend to her. After the insurance limit of the family came to an end, the hospital demanded an amount of Rs 1 lakh at the end of each day.

Читайте также: Thanksgiving holiday a four-day weekend for city, county, state offices

The girl was taken to FMRI, but "after a whooping 15 days of hell like situation, where round-the-clock our lips were chanting unending prayers, doctors hinted to us with an MRI analysis that child's brain has got hugely damaged where from the recovery was not possible", said the post.

The family of the deceased, Adya Singh, alleged that the doctors continued her treatment in the ICU in full knowledge that her condition had deteriorated beyond cure.

Adya's family will now file a case with the consumer court. "They kept putting off an MRI on the pretext that she would have to be taken off ventilator... As a closing stroke, after the family cleared the massive bills, Fortis asked the family to go back and pay for the gown the kid was wearing since her clothes wont fit", he added. When they arrived at the Rockland hospital, Adya was declared dead. Adya, the daughter of a Dwarka-based IT professional Jayant Singh, spent almost 15 days at the Gurugram hospital on ventilator support. The seven-year-old girl was brought in to Fortis Memorial Research Institute (Gurgaon), from another private hospital on the morning of 31st August, 2017. The father added that secretly they were given a third option of taking Adya home, with the ventilator still connected to her.

Fortis denied any wrongdoing and said that the family was informed of Adya's critical condition and was counselled every day.

"On 14th September, 17, family chose to take her away from the hospital against medical advice (LAMA - Leave Against Medical Advice) and she succumbed the same day", it added.

"Patient was treated in the Paediatric ICU (PICU) for 15 days and was critical right from the time of admission requiring Intensive monitoring". Care of ventilated patients in ICU requires a high number of consumables...

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Other reports by

Discuss This Article