Ballon d'Or 2017: Chelsea star Eden Hazard ranked No.19

Angelo Anderson
December 8, 2017

Eden Hazard was contacted by Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane and club president Florentino Perez last week, according to Spanish source Diario Gol (h/t Calciomercato). The Belgian is also reportedly keen on working with Zidane and has even rejected a new £300,000/week contract from Chelsea.

Diario Gol claims that Zidane has been given permission by Perez to sign Hazard, with the Coach having had a long-standing admiration of the Belgium worldwide.

Conte marvelled at his star man's exploits as the topic of new deals for Hazard and his similarly valuable countryman, goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, were again near the top of the agenda.

But Real are long-term suitors and Hazard recently spoke of his admiration for the Spanish giants.

"The World Cup is a great tournament, the best tournament in the world".

"I am always very fine at this club".


Both Essien and Hazard played together between 2012 when the 26-year-old arrived from LOSC Lille until January of 2014 when Essien left the Blues for AC Milan as a free transfer.

"When I feel the desire to leave, I'll leave".

The Mail says that Real first put Hazard on their shopping list past year but their interest waned as Marco Asensio and Isco began to impress. "And in Chelsea, people always said that I'm leaving, but I'm still here".

He's such a good player and we're happy to have him at Chelsea but I'd understand why Madrid would be looking at him.

The Belgium worldwide is stalling over putting pen to paper to a new contract at Stamford Bridge, with a £300k-per-week offer on the table.

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER