Prankster cements head in microwave

Angelo Anderson
December 8, 2017

A YouTube prank gone awry resulted in a young man ending with his head stuck in a microwave full of wet cement, leaving the local fire department which leapt to his rescue "seriously unimpressed".

According to the fire authorities, peers of the prankster were able to place an air tube into the mouth of the man so he can breathe.

Commander Shaun Dakin, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew who responded, said: "As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured".

Jimmy Swinger, a 22-year old Briton and one of the authors of the TGFbro YouTube channel managed to land himself in a weird predicament after he deliberately stuck his head into a microwave oven filled with wet cement. The firefighters were called after the 22-year-old man's friends failed to set him free despite trying for an hour-and-a-half.

"Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded", said Watch Commander Dakin.


The man and the group of people involved in the attempted prank apologized for what had happened.

The rescue team had to make a video-call to their technical team for help, after which they successfully separated the microwave oven from the man's head, reported local publication News Barrhead.

The man's friends had poured Polyfilla - a type of plaster used for minor building repairs - around his head which was placed inside the appliance. But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head. The firefighters prioritized removing a chunk near his face in order for him to breathe more easily.

And even though the group apologised, the fire service said that it was a call that "might have prevented them from helping others in genuine, accidental need".

Things started to go wrong when the substance rapidly hardened.

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER