For Some Unknown Reason, YouTube STILL Wants To Work With Logan Paul…

Mindy Sparks
January 14, 2018

Logan Paul's YouTube Originals projects are on "indefinite hold", YouTube executives confirmed at the Television Critics Association press tour Saturday - but they would not say that the platform had cut ties with him permanently and did not rule out working with him in the future. He titled the extremely controversial video "We found a dead body in the Japanese suicide forest..."

YouTube's delayed action came only after increased public pressure to police its site more effectively.

In an open letter earlier this week, YouTube said "suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views".

Paul has not posted any videos in the past week, saying he was "taking time to reflect". "He continues on, "...you're never gonna see a video like this again!"

Google has chose to step up its monitoring process and will reportedly start vetting YouTube channels more strictly from now on.


"YouTube manages the largest set of partners of any company in the world", ranging from young people trying to get started "all the way to Disney", Kyncl said.

YouTube said the images violated its policies. Even in the case of Logan Paul, the video was taken down by him voluntarily. "They were built to make money". In 2017, the second season of "Scare PewDiePie", featuring creator Felix Kjellberg, AKA PewDiePie, was canceled after controversy arose surrounding anti-Semetic videos posted the creator (once the most-subscribed YouTuber on the planet).

"We don't know", Kyncl said. "They can not masquerade as technology companies, particularly when they place advertisements", said Sir Martin Sorrell, Chairman of WPP, to The Guardian.

The company said it had shut down its original projects with the 22-year-old vlogger, who has more than 15 million subscribers, and he would no longer appear in its comedy series Foursome.

With millions of videos being uploaded to their platform, which are they then use to generate profit, content platforms such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter should be held responsible for the same content they monetise.

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER