Prosecutors to seek death penalty for Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz

Lester Mason
March 13, 2018

He had been in critical condition. Seventeen people were killed, and several others wounded.

The family's attorney says that after surgeries, his intestinal area has been sealed off. Alex Arreaza says the student is breathing on his own after being taken off a ventilator.

The Broward State Attorney's office has filed notice of intent to seek the death penalty for Nikolas Cruz, the accused perpetrator of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Florida Governor Rick Scott signs the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Act
Florida Governor Rick Scott signs the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Act

Prosecutors will seek to put Nikolas Cruz to death for carrying out last month's massacre at a Parkland, Florida, high school, they announced in court filings Tuesday.

The announcement came almost a week after Cruz was indicted by a grand jury on 34 counts of premeditated murder and attempted murder for the February 14 massacre, which killed 17 people and injured the same number. The action by prosecutors Tuesday does not necessarily mean a plea deal will not be reached.

"We still stand ready to immediately plead guilty to all counts - to 34 consecutive life sentences without parole", Finkelstein said.


Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER