White House aide John McEntee fired, under investigation

Lester Mason
March 13, 2018

A longtime personal aide to Donald Trump was abruptly fired and escorted from the White House Monday afternoon, only to be hired immediately by Trump's 2020 presidential campaign, according to multiple media reports and a campaign statement.

The charges are not related to the President, the source said. He was escorted off the White House grounds before he was allowed to collect his belongings, even leaving without his jacket, the Journal reported.

Minutes after news of his departure broke, the Trump campaign announced McEntee would be joining the reelection effort as a senior adviser for campaign operations. McEntee was escorted from the White House on Monday after he was sacked over security concerns, two sources familiar with the matter told the Journal.


"Mr. McEntee wasn't as well known as the others, but had been a constant presence at Mr. Trump's side for the past three years", the Journal reported.

White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters declined to discuss the situation with the Journal, saying, "We do not comment on personnel matters". He joined the Trump campaign as a volunteer in August 2015 and quickly rose through the ranks. The role meant McEntee was almost constantly at the President's side. His 2020 re-election campaign said Tuesday McEntee will serve as senior adviser to the campaign.

McEntee is under investigation for "serious financial crimes", according to CNN. "We need the help of proven leaders such as Katrina and John to promote the President's growing portfolio of achievements across the country".

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER