Dog, two people make it out of apartment fire safely

Lester Mason
April 16, 2018

A fire tore through an apartment complex on South Main Street in Seymour on Saturday, displacing many and injuring a firefighter.

It happened in the 200 block of S. Musket Ridge Drive. Upon arrival, all occupants were out of the residence, and the fire was in the rear unit of the first floor.

Sullivan said fire crews made an interior fire attack and quickly extinguished the fire. Firefighters shut off electricity to the area and confirmed the fire did not extend to the structure.


No one was injured in the fire, according to the department.

White Plains Deputy Fire Chief Timothy Ryan said that was because of all the debris in the apartment.

The apartment does not have a sprinkler system, but smoke alarms were activated when the fire was discovered, the fire department said.

Other reports by Iphone Fresh

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER